Acceptable Use Policy
1. INTRODUCTION. The intent of JWT Technologies, LLC. Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) is improving the use of JWT Technologies, LLC. services by proactively preventing unacceptable use. All JWT Technologies, LLC. customers and customers of JWT Technologies, LLC. customers or any downstream customers including visitors of customers using JWT Technologies, LLC. services must comply with this AUP. JWT Technologies, LLC. will hereinafter be referred to as JWT-Tech.
In consideration of providing VoIP services, JWT-Tech shall charge to the customers a periodic fee as stated in this agreement. The periodic fee shall be subject to change upon thirty days written notice. As a user of JWT-Tech, you agree that you are at least 18 years of age (or have permission from a parent or guardian to use this service) and will abide by the policies of JWT-Tech. JWT-Tech may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong. Violating any terms listed in this AUP may result in suspension or termination or your account without notice. JWT-Tech reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
2. VIOLATIONS OF JWT-Tech’s ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY. The following are violations of JWT-Tech’s AUP:
- Illegal Use: As a user of JWT-Tech, you agree not to use the service in a manner that violates any local, state or federal law.
- Harm to Others: Using the services to harm others, including but not limited to minors.
- Threats & Harassment: You agree not to use the service for abusive, profane, libelous, slanderous, threatening or otherwise harassing calls.
- Fraudulent Activity: Using the service to make or participate in fraudulent activity including financial scams.
- Copyright or Trademark Infringement: Using the service to transmit any material that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other propriety rights of a third party.
- Collection of Personal Data: Using the Services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Reselling the Services: Reselling the Services without JWT-Tech’s authorization.
- Excessive Use on Residential and Small Business Accounts: JWT-Tech allows up to four (4) lines on Residential and Small Business plans. Accounts with more than four (4) lines may be converted to a multi-line Business account or be terminated at JWT-Tech’s discretion.
3. TECHNICAL SUPPORT. JWT-Tech assumes that the user has a basic understanding of their computer. JWT-Tech will not train users in basic computer skills such as, but not limited to deleting files or creating directories. Technical support is intended to facilitate the setup of your properly functioning computer system for access to our services. Your computer must recognize your modem or network card, and receive a dial tone or network link connectivity before any technical support will be dispensed. Our technical support staff is not trained to and will not assist you in installing and/or troubleshooting modems, network cards, routers, complex network configurations or telephone lines.
4. BILLING. There is no money back guarantee for any services unless specifically written in a special one-time promotion. There are no pro-rated refunds for unused time. Accounts that are more than 1 (one) day delinquent in payment may be suspended until payment has been received. Your account is not “monitored” for inactivity and we do not assume that you wish to cancel if you have not used your account. Customer is responsible for any disputed charges beyond 60 days from the date of the charge. All accounts suspended for non-payment are subject to a $25.00 re-activation fee. Any accounts who go into collections status will be transferred to a collections agency and incur a $45.00 processing fee.
5. CHOICE OF LAW. You and JWT-Tech agree that the law of the State of Florida, U.S.A. will apply to all matters relating to this Agreement and to JWT-Tech, Inc. In addition, you and JWT-Tech agree and consent that the courts of Orange County, Florida, U.S.A. will have exclusive jurisdiction and be the exclusive venue for any legal actions relating to this Agreement or to the services provided hereunder. Customers agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless JWT-Tech, its officers, directors, employees, agents and licensees, from any claims and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or relating to member’s use of JWT-Tech’s service. If any part of this agreement is unacceptable to you, you must immediately terminate your membership with JWT-Tech. This agreement shall automatically renew on the stated periodic basis unless terminated by either party giving the other thirty days written notice.
6. REVISIONS TO THIS AUP. JWT-Tech reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this AUP and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted in accordance with the Internet Service.